Trouble with Dependence Checker in drop #3?

Coordinator
Sep 19, 2010 at 4:07 PM
Edited Sep 28, 2010 at 8:58 PM

We have at least 1 report of an issue with the DependencyChecker in drop #3:

NOT GOOD. I ran the dependencies checker command and it could not find .NET 4 even though I have had it installed for many months!!!
by GraemeWT on Today at 12:55 AM

A couple of things:

1- The Dependency Cheker is NOT an installer. It is just a tool to help you get all components needed. You can still open the solution, look at the code, docs, etc. I

2- We are not done yet, so it is likely that there are issues. and we'd love to hear about them! We do appreciate your feedback on this. However, try to be more specific about your problem. Saying "It doesn't work!", is not very actionable for us. Please send us information of your environment, your OS, language, etc. The Checker leaves exceptions on the EventLog of the machine. Please look in there and send us the log.

Thanks!!

Eugenio

MOST COMMON ISSUES WITH DEPENDENCY CHECKER:

1- "Blocked content". When you download the ZIP file from Codeplex the content is flagged as "blocked" by IE. Before expanding the ZIP, right click on the file, open "Properties" and click on "UNBLOCK" button.

2- Execution policy for Powershell is wrong. Set execution policy in PS to "unrestricted". This particular issue is resolved when we ship signed PS scripts. Usually happens with intermediate downloads.